Kitchen bin rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. The guys who fitted our kitchen 5 years ago only put 4 screws in to hold the rails for the double bin. It's already come away once.

I bought extra screws to make the rails more secure but I am having trouble screwing them into the side of the kitchen unit. Is there a special drill bit that I need to use to make the holes for these small screws?
16749432567895832892457745494216.jpg

Sponsored Links
...see below

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are trying to screw those Euro screws back into the original holes it probably won't work. The holes are probably too large. You could try fixing them by smearing some grip adhesive on the threads, butvthere is no guarantee of success

An alternative might be to move the metalwork slightly and use conventional countersunk head screws to fix it in place. If doing yhat I'd recommendcscrews specifically made for MFC called Hospa screws, which can often be used without piloting. Yoy probably need something like 3.5 x 16 or 3.5 x 20mm BZP CSK head screws depending on the thickness of the metalwork and the thickness of the side panels (most panels in the UK are 18mm, but some are 15 or 16mm)

Sponsored Links
Hi. The guys who fitted our kitchen 5 years ago only put 4 screws in to hold the rails for the double bin. It's already come away once.

I bought extra screws to make the rails more secure but I am having trouble screwing them into the side of the kitchen unit. Is there a special drill bit that I need to use to make the holes for these small screws? View attachment 294069
Not special just a standard hss bit, needs a pilot hole to same depth as screw length .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back