Kitchen cabinet and support noggins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

I'm just about to plasterboard my new kitchen area, and thought hang on I could really do with some timber rails around the perimeter to support the cabinets. Does anyone have any advice on the best height placement to support this? I could go and buy a couple and measure them but thought I'd ask here first.

Basically I'm looking to put noggins in between my uprights (400 centers) to enable me to screw floor units and another set for the wall cabinets (perhaps the most important).

cheers.

Sponsored Links
You really need to know the height of the fixings for the wall units as they do vary between manufacturers. Base units have a small amount of adjustment so not quite so critical but check with your chosen kitchen manufacturer first. Guessing will do you no favours at all.

cheers. so typically no standards then. guess I'll have to choose which kitchen is going in then.

Sheet the wall with 11mm osb board before plasterboard then you can fix anywhere securely.
If your budget is tight then you plasterboard and cut out 100mm wide section of plasterboard and replace with 12mm ply to fix too, or mark upright position so you can secure this
http://www.locksonline.com/acatalog...il-6152.html?gclid=CL_4_Kjz6bsCFY_MtAodDi0A_g

to wall to replace hanging plate for upper cupboards.
Lower cup'd can just be fixed with plasterboard plugs as they are all secured together and sit as one unit on the floor.

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about extra noggins, just make sure the plasterboard is firmly secured to the existing battens and use hollow wall anchors or toggles to fit the wall cupboards.

Standard fitting for most kitchen units.They just hook on and adjust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back