kitchen cabinet hinge disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help me with my dumb question?

for some insane reason I unscrewed AND TOOK OUT a couple of hinges on my three hinge door, instead of just loosening them - needed to move the door a little to take out a shelf - and now i just can't clip them back in.

I've tried lining the hinge up with the holes and screwing the screws back in.

I've tried screwing the screws in and then attempted to clip the hinge back over it.

All I have succeeded in is reminding myself how blond I am and nearly losing fingers each time the hinge flicks back - they're blooming strong. How the ruddy hell can I get these back on? Don't really want to call someone in for something this trivial!

//www.diynot.com/network/bagsey675/albums/ - pics to illustrate my issue.

Sponsored Links
Open the hinges fully and there is a keyhole shape along the legth of them which is recessed on the narrow part of the key hole right? If so -

Loosen the middle of the three screws on the cabinet bracket (dont remove it) and then slip the large part of the keyhole over this screw and then push the whole door so the screw slides to the narrow part of the keyhole and tighten the screw. Adjustments can be made after by slightly slackening this screw and nudging the hinge to get the door to sit right if its binding on the hinge side.

dear 1john

thanks so very much for your exact answer - you are awesome.

it was the keyhole groove that I needed to be reminded about and now door is back on with no further problems!

again thanks Kay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back