Kitchen doors: screw holes for handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fixing handles to kitchen doors. Anyone got tips on how to ensure that all handles are aligned up perfectly -- in other words, they are fitted in exactly the same position on each door.
Can this be done by measuring. Or is it best to create some sort of template, so that screw holes are consistently in the same place on every door.
Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
I'm not a kitchen fitter but I'd make a template :D

I agree, it's well worth making a template. Take your time to make sure it's accurate, and make it substantial enough to last as long as you'll need it to do all the doors (for example make it of hardboard or plywood and pieces of batten, rather than using a piece of paper or cardboard as you might for a one-off job.

Or is it best to create some sort of template, so that screw holes are consistently in the same place on every door.
As from about posts, if the handle hole are not in the middle or slightly difference position then make 2 template for left and right door or reverse the same template instead but mark it right & left side

Sponsored Links
I agree, it's well worth making a template. Take your time to make sure it's accurate, and make it substantial enough to last as long as you'll need it to do all the doors (for example make it of hardboard or plywood and pieces of batten, rather than using a piece of paper or cardboard as you might for a one-off job.
Thanks, I'll have to have a careful think about how I am going to approach this.
Another question. Say I need to drill handle holes in two drawer-front panels. Is it a wise move to clamp the two panels together and drill them simultaneously?

Mike

Yes clamping two parts together will reduce set-up time and improve accuracy, provided the set-up for the two parts is accurate.

Make sure, of course, to have some scrap behind the exit holes to reduce or eliminate spelching (splintering).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back