kitchen doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys im about to put handles on and hang my kitchen doors, i have already put the hinges on the door but need to put the brackets for the hinges to hang on the cabinet. Are there any tips or pitfalls to look out for when doing this as one wrong slip or hole drilled in the wrong place could cost me a few bob!!
The handles i am using are 500mm thick bar type and have been advised to place them nearer the bottom of the door on wall cabs and near the top of the door on base units.
Any other comments would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Regarding the handles, measure twice and drill through the door once...masking tape on the timber allows you to use a pencil without permanent marks. When you drill through the door hold a block of timber against it so the drill doesn't burst through...use a small pilot drill to check things before going for the full size.
As for the hinges, use a tiny pilot drill first, and keep everything central. You should find a fair bit of adjustment on these though.
John :)

You can use a timber template of thin ply, once the handle fits the template you can clamp to door corner and every handle will be in exactly the same place, also allow you to drill from face side without fear of damaging surface as you can only hit the template with the drill.
Check before fitting that when opened the handle do not foul other units or appliances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back