door hinges kitchen units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a special drill to drill the hole for the door hinges. I drilled a door handle hole on the wrong side so now need to referse the door.

Sponsored Links
thanks, i see wickes do them. Is it a case of drill a bit, try, drill a bit try, so as not to go throught front

If you have a pillar drill it will make it a lot easier. However if not, experiment on an old off cut until you have the depth right, and then set the depth gauge on you drill.

Sponsored Links
If you don't have a pillar drill, drilling a hinge hole with one of these bits will be risky. Buy, or make, a drill guide to locate the bit in the correct position on the door.

You should find that the depth of the bit is such that when it has sunk flush with the surface, the hole is the correct depth for the hinge (so you don't need to use depth stop). But don't take my word for it: measure it to check first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back