Fitting concealed hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have searched for the info I need but can't find anything that quite fits.
I'm replacing kitchen cabinet doors. The old doors were 15mm and the new Screwfix ones are 18mm thick. My existing hinges are Salice concealed hinges.

1. Do I need to buy new hinges for the thicker doors?

2. The new doors are bored 35mm for the hinge but the holes are in a different place from the originals which is means drilling new holes for the hinge screws in the carcass. Is there a surefire method of accurately drilling the carcass for the hinge screws?

3. The hinge screws are a parallel screw witha pozidrive head- how do I determine the diameter of the hole for this screw to get a nice fit? I could do this by trial and error in one of the old doors.

Hope someone can help. It seems as though it ought to be simple but I can see potential for mistakes!

Thanks,
Ian Gardner

Sponsored Links
one way would be to remove threaded stud screw out of hinge and offer your door up with a 2mm space from edge of carcase with the cupboard part of hinge attatched and use normal wood screws to fit door if concerned about using the couter sunk screw remove and pre drill holes from were you screwed in and piolet thes with a 3.8mm and reuse original screws . you will have about 5-7mm movement in hinge up and down to adjust to suit

hope you understand what i am trying to say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back