How to measure holes for 35mm concealed hinges?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm making small cabinet for our kitchen and would like to know if there is a set formula to mark out where the 35mm hole goes on the door?

I'm using 18mm conti board doors and the carcass is also 18mm and using 35mm sprung clip on concealed hinges. The dimensions of the door are 760mm x 450mm (L x W)

Are these easy mount hinges any good by the way?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply John, thats just what I was after :D

Quick question though... In the diagram the distance between the edge of the 35mm hole and the edge of the door is 3-6 what does this mean?

Forgot to mention in the post I have 100 degree hinges.

Cheers

The edge distance is variable depending on how much smaller the door is than the carcase usually 3-5mm, if the edge of the door is square or radiused, thickness of door, etc

These 4 pages give better detail of how the different items above affect hole position.

But a good starting point would be 5mm edge spacing which puts the centre of the hole 22.5mm from the edge, try a bit of scrap first.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the web links John.

I've done a few trial runs and ready for the real deal!

Your help was greatly appreciated :D

Conti board is less than ideal for cabinet making, the hinges are likely to rip out after a little use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back