Concealed wardrobe door hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding wardrobe door hinges. I'm building a fitted wardrobe into an alcove and would like to use concealed hinges, however the front panels that the doors will hinge off are 'flush' with the doors (and not at right angle as with a kitchen cabinet)...
I thought there would be a blum hinge available that allowed fitting in these circumstances, but I can't seem to source one anywhere....
The front panels and doors are to be 18mm mdf.

Thanks for any input!

Huey

Sponsored Links
They dont, you need a return of about 75mm big enough for the hinge plates to fix to.

If it is set back rather than flush to the door opening, then that can be accommodated with thicker hinge plates.

Sponsored Links
Easy enough to add baton or strip of mdf to edge to use standard hinges( also stronger).

Easy enough to add baton or strip of mdf to edge to use standard hinges( also stronger).

thanks - I think that is the best way forward....

in the absence of a 'double cranked' hinge that allowed you to screw to back of carcass and door .....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back