which kitchen/concealed hinges for this problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
86AD4B3A-EF67-4058-B992-B787B10BE4F3.jpeg 39381D25-1AC9-4887-85F6-ECE1AA27ED0D.jpeg54B9BA25-CE60-4E90-BDC6-62F81FBF0DFD.jpeg 68F3081D-B7F7-4B68-92E9-F44212489A85.jpeg

Hi everyone.

We have inbuilt wardrobes in the bedroom with kitchen-type concealed hinges.

there’s one wardrobe with double doors. As the doors open, they don’t pivot a neat 90 degrees from the wardrobe carcass. Instead they seem to move inboard with the swing so that when the doors are open, they are each sitting 10mm into the aperture.

unfortunately we need to store something in the wardrobe that requires the full carcass width - so we need these 10mms back.

we obviously can’t just adjust the hinges as it would leave a gap between the doors. But, I’m aware there are multiple types of concealed hinges (half/full inset, overlay, etc) but I can’t figure out if there’s a type of hinge that will solve the problem.

anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
you could try moving the door you need moving to its max on hinge adjustment then half the difference on the next door if possible
if its an item that needs to be moved frequently perhaps adapting that item 20-30mm iff possible
picture off the item may help

Thank you.

Sod's law, after looking for hours I found the answer after I'd posted the above.

My existing hinges are "overlay" and I need "170-degree overlay" - this would open the door fully and would swing it out past the neighbouring door.

I found this video:
very useful and the ones I need are at 10:00 mins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back