Hinges for Kitchen Cupboard Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

Are there any kitchen fitters about?

My wife has been moaning for ages about the fact that it is difficult to see what's at the back of the larder cupboard in our kitchen. To solve this problem I have bought some of those wire baskets on runners that you can put inside a kitchen cupboard to make accessing the stuff in there easier.

The problem I have is the baskets are almost the exact width of the inside of the carcass, and when open the door ovelaps the opening by about 5mm and therefore the wire basket will not slide out.

I obviously need to change the hinges, but does anyone know if it is possible to get a concealed hinge (the type typically found on kitchen cabinets) that allows the door to swing right out of the way, or at least to a position where the inside face of the door is inline with the inside face of the carcass when the door is open (if that makes any sense)?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Regards,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Afternoon all,

Are there any kitchen fitters about?

My wife has been moaning for ages about the fact that it is difficult to see what's at the back of the larder cupboard in our kitchen. To solve this problem I have bought some of those wire baskets on runners that you can put inside a kitchen cupboard to make accessing the stuff in there easier.

The problem I have is the baskets are almost the exact width of the inside of the carcass, and when open the door ovelaps the opening by about 5mm and therefore the wire basket will not slide out.

I obviously need to change the hinges, but does anyone know if it is possible to get a concealed hinge (the type typically found on kitchen cabinets) that allows the door to swing right out of the way, or at least to a position where the inside face of the door is inline with the inside face of the carcass when the door is open (if that makes any sense)?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Regards,

Rob
Are they kitchen unit draws, they are designed to avoid that problem and sit 20mm off the hing side and are adjustable to avoid hitting the door, maybe you bought the wrong type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back