Damaged kitchen door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my lovely children decided to swing on a fitted kitchen door and ripped the screws and the hinge off the cupboard carcass, which is made out of chipboard. Can anyone advise me of the best way to repair the carcass so the hinge will get a strong fixing again.

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
can you post a pic so we can see how bad it is?
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99672

You might get away with just using thicker screws

If the cabinet is next to another one and they are fastened together, you can even drill the holes deeper, so they go part-way into the next cabinet, and use a longer screw. this will not work if there is already a hinge in the other cabinet at exactly the same point. If there is no cabinet on the other side, you can put a block of wood on the outside of the cabinet and use a longer screw into that.

I expect the hinges you have got are fixed into a large round recess machined into the door. But you can also get hinges that are surface mounted, so you can put them anywhere you like (you can also get a bit to make the round holes, but if you are not used to woodwork you might accidentally go right through)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back