Blum hinges different drilling pattern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Recently have been trying to get my head around kitchen cabinet hinges. I have a cabinet door with some cheap hinges installed. I need the door to open further so bought a pair of Blum 170° hinges from Screwfix. Took the door off and trried to swap the hinges today but the Blum hinge do not align with the existing drilled securing holes. I have a repair plate for another door and the Blum holes do not align with the repair plate.

I thought all hinges were standard so what have I missed. Also how do I fit the Bum hinges. Do I glue dowels in the existing holes and drill according to Blums installation guides?

Thanks
Ent

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm afraid not all hinges are the same, even if they look it! :)
Do I glue dowels in the existing holes and drill according to Blums installation guides?
Yup! :)

There are plenty of other ways to fix the holes as well:

Thanks every one. Revelation to me that there is no standard pattern, as I said I am trying to get my head round kitchen fitting. Not a problem as I wanted to try out the Blum hinges before updating the kitchen so can dick about with the current units as trial and test units.

Sponsored Links
From memory there are four(?) commonly available patterns: Blum, Salice, Grass and Hettich, The cruciform plates (the ones that go in the cabinet) are designed to fit into holes at 32mm centres and the main hinge body goes into a hole which is 35mm in diameter, but all the other holes and fixing sizes are at the manufacturers discretion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back