Kitchen drawer front problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
31C53C04-AECC-495B-88A1-97F74C449E38.jpeg
5A7BA940-74B0-4255-950B-7ED3788F3CC8.jpeg
9B900447-F1D2-4DBA-BCD9-BAC84FB13F23.jpeg
Hi

I may have posted on this in the dim distant past. If so, apologies. Gist is Magnet fitted kitchen (never again) about four years ago. Now, one of the drawer fronts is knackered. (Thread for screwing licking mechanism into drawer front has gone)

Photos attached to illustrate.

Magnet not interested as out of parts guarantee. I know it’s a Blue Motion Soft close door, but don’t know exact colour etc. Should I be able to source one on easily, or be limited to Magnet?

Assume we’d need to buy whole drawer unit?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Just catch needs refixing , screws probably too short .No parts needed unless catch has snapped .

E70C36E1-7A13-4038-95C6-764AA92E2EB3.jpeg
Thanks. Screws are originals, so strange they’re deemed to be too short. One on other side seems to be fine.

Other problem is that screw hole has become too wide, not just short. See additional photo.

Thanks

Bit of wood filler will sort that .Screws may be original doesn’t mean the correct size was used or even same size on both sides .

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks. Haven’t used wood filler for ages. Do you squirt some in screw hole to form bond, then screw into that.

I would personally drill a 8mm hole and insert a dowel with good woodglue.
Once set and cut flush it will take the original screw and hold it nicely.
Just make sure you don't drill too deep (masking tape on drill bit always works)

Ok, thanks again. If I daft enough to buy a unit, would I provably have to go through Magnets?

Ok, thanks again. If I daft enough to buy a unit, would I provably have to go through Magnets?
Depends on the style , looks like cream shaker style , fairly popular design so you may get elsewhere. Drawer box are standard from many kitchen suppliers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back