Kitchen drawer packs...

23 Mar 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
l have to change my kitchen drawers as they are falling to pieces.
They are the one piece drawer that fold out with the base slid in and then the draw front .
So l've been to B&Q and got some drawer packs which are metal sides and the base put in before the draw front is fitted. The metal runners for the base units are the same but what l did not realize is that the old drawer packs had runners on the bottom of the drawer packs but the new ones have the runners at the top so it lowers the drawers when slide into the base unit runners and with the fronts fitted to the drawers there is now a 3" gap at the top because of the difference between where the new and old runners where/are on the drawer packs...
Anyone got any ideas how or what l can do to lift the drawers up to show no gaps at the top...
l was thinking in the lines of moving the base unit runners up but there's no pre drilled holes like where they are intended to be fitted ..
Sponsored Links
Measure precisely the gap you have at the top. Take the drawers out, take the runners off and re'mark the front screw holes up, the distance you measured. Fit the runners back on and use a square to level the runners up and screw the back of the runners to the cabinet. There should be enough adjustment on the drawer fronts so if your a few mm out, it shouldn't be a problem. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links