Kitchen End Panel Size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
I am in the process of fitting a B&Q kitchen. I have a question about the base end support panels.

The Panels supplied are 570mm wide (the same width as the base unit carcas itself). I was under the impression that the end support panels were supposed to be 600mm wide so that when fitted to the end of the unit, they sit flush with the line of the cupboard doors.

Also, I expected the end panels to be oversized so that they could be scribed to the floor and the wall.

Have I misunderstood the function of these panels or do you think B&Q have supplied the wrong panels?

Any help would be gratefully received.
Cheers

(just to make clear I am aware that you can get Replacement Base End Panels, which are pre drilled coloured replacements for the standard white ones supplied and that these would obviously be 570mm. This is not what I have in this instance)

Sponsored Links
What style of kitchen have you bought? Most of the clad on end panels are 591mm x 900mm x 22mm thick.

The kitchen is from the IT range at B&Q and is in the Contemporary Maple Style.

B&Q used to do the 594x900x22 clad on end panels for a variety of kitchens but I believe that they are now only available on selected Cooke & Lewis kitchens.

I might be wrong, but needed a replacement one for a friends slab white kitchen that has them and couldn't get it. :(

Sponsored Links
Ahh, what you have there is an end support panel, not a clad on end panel. You could possibly find some maple MFC panels about 600mm wide and use that instead. ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back