kitchen filler panel install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am installing my new kitchen - i have a single oven under the worktop, with a gas hob above.

Because i am having compressed laminate worktop (12.5mm thick) the kitchen designer said that instead of having the filler panel at the bottom, i'll have to cut it in half so that half is above the oven and half is below the oven (to allow for the gas hob depth as the worktop is thinner)

What is the best way to install the filler panel?

Do people use magnetic blocks/connector so it can be removed in future?

EDIT: I think it would look neater with having the single oven resting on the bottom of the base unit and just having the whole filler panel above??
thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can fit the filler piece however you see fit, if you think it would be neater having the whole piece at the top then do that.

The filler panel should be screwed into place

You can fit the filler piece however you see fit, if you think it would be neater having the whole piece at the top then do that.

The filler panel should be screwed into place

Thanks for the reply.

Would thr screws not be visible if I screwed it into the edges of the base cabinet?

Use little l shaped brackets behind the fillet and use small screws. Fit the fillet before the oven

Sponsored Links
If you purchase the correct oven you can fit the oven below the worktop despite it being only 12.5 mm thick without a problem.
Most ovens have a recess on the top at the back easily allowing a gas hob to be fitted.
And I have never been unable to fit a gas hob above an oven, sometimes you may have to route the pipe in one of the corners at the back of the oven.

Your kitchen designer is useless and clueless, a filler panel above the oven will look terrible.

Believe me if the correct type of oven is fitted it's no problem.

Back