Kitchen Fitting Placement - Gas/Induction Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure the is a typical appliance question so airing my question here.

I'm proposing to put a 80-90cm gas or induction hob spanning over a 60cm oven housing and edging in to a set of drawers either side.

Obviously I'd need to do some cutting out in the side panels but can you see any issues with doing this?

See the photo for rough idea of placement. There is gas supply in the perfect position on the right if we use gas (the big problem is getting supply of a hob).

kitchen.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

We've had delivery of two gas hob (both the same model) but both have been damaged in transit. It and similarly styled ones which go with the look we wanted are unavailable and being quoted as supply issues. We were considering induction at the time of planning so it is back to plan B.

I think my wife has her eye on some new pans too:)

Sponsored Links
Fair enough.

BTW, I am guessing that it will be about 7KW. If your existing cable is 6mm T&E, you might want to check in the electrical forum to make sure that the cable is sufficient (I have no idea if the oven is going to be a standard electric fan oven or a microwave combi).

Best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back