Gas Hob v's Induction Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone have experience to installing both of these items. I am 95% convinced to install a 4 ring gas hob but the wife want an induction hob. Apart from the obvious instalation matters can anyone judge honestly between them. My argument is gas is cheaper and more reliable any other positive or negative points would be appreciated. I do have a gas supply available

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i prefer gas but as the customer is the user i let them choose.
and in my house the wife wins everytime!! its that or the silent no sex treatment for ....................how long!

And it does not help when the MIL has an induction hob & is saying its really good, heats quickly & easy to clean. :(

Sponsored Links
Induction hobs restrict your choice of cookware. And you'll need to get your blowtorch out if you want to char the skin of a pepper for example.

Some (many?) have a boost function which means that the normal diversity calculation can't be used, so you may need bigger cable.

I'd never have anything other than gas. Ever wondered why that's all you'll ever see in commercial kitchens?

BUT - it's a tool which will be used by the person who does the cooking, or most of it, so if that's your wife, and she wants induction....

Just make sure she's aware of the cookware problems, and get he to have a go at using her Mum's.

PS - 4-burner?

5 at least.

And avoid anything with the controls on the same plane as the hob - they are designed by idiots who have never seen a decent sized sauté pan...

ck260p.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back