Kitchen flooring advice needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are currently renovating our kitchen and have hit a dead end when it comes to choosing suitable flooring. We have chosen walnut style cabinets which will have black gloss laminate worktops. All of the appliances, sink etc will be stainless steel/chrome. When complete the room will be a kitchen/diner roughly 6x3m (approx 2/3 will be kitchen). We haven't chosen a wall colour yet but it will probably be a medium green or cream. Our dilemma is now choosing flooring which will suit the existing choices. Most designs that I have seen on the web have pale ceramic coloured floors which ideally we wanted to avoid. Does anyone have any suggestions. Any tips will be gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Good point. They looked nice in IKEA though. I guess they'd also show up all the imperfections in the sub-surface, and the skill of the tiler.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your ideas. Unfortunately tiling is probably not an option for the reasons mentioned and because of the expense!!! I think our only option is wood effect laminate but we are unsure what sort of colours would go with walnut. I think a medium oak would look ok but my other half is not convinced and wants to go darker...any tips or ideas?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back