Kitchen hood ducting

14 Nov 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all, i'm looking to get some advice on how to duct the air from the hood extractor in my kitchen to the outside.

From the images you can see that its blowing air up into the ceiling.

I have an air vent to the just to the top left of the hole where the extracted air comes out of.

So whats the best way to get the extracted air from the hood out? should a new hole be drilled out and piped to? or is it better to somehow remove the grill to the air vent to install duct into?

Also are there any preferred products i could be using for this sort of work?

thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
You need a permanent vent in a kitchen so new hole and a bit of rigid plastic ducting of flexi metal.You could then box in up to the ceiling, putting in a vent inline with current and paint to match the walls hiding everything.
Hi foxhole,

thanks for the reply.

Looks like i'll have to look for someone to get this job done then :p any idea how much it would cost to do in London?

Sponsored Links
South East London. New Cross specifically.

Yes the external wall is at the ground floor


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local