Kitchen LED strip lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Seasons greetings.

I am looking to fit some Zigbee controlled LED strip under my kitchen cupboards/kick board, the run is circa 8.5m and I have access to a 3 pin socket.

My current shopping list is:

* 2x5m 24v RGBW LED strip (https://www.amazon.co.uk/LTRGBW-Non...&qid=1607946190&sprefix=ltrgbw,aps,152&sr=8-8)
* 24v power adapter
* Zigbee controller (https://www.amazon.co.uk/LIGHTEU®-C...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=)

1) Anything I have missed?
2) I'd rather not join two 5m LED strips but I cant find anywhere that sells longer than 5m?
3) Given the power adapter is based under the kitchen cupboards, are there any recommendations on how to best waterproof the adapter?

Sponsored Links
Will they get damaged by brooms? Put the adapter and controller inside cupboard

Sorry, should've been clearer - the adapter and controller will be behind the kick board so should be well protected.

Sorry, should've been clearer - the adapter and controller will be behind the kick board so should be well protected.

So why do you need water proofing, put the adaptor and controller inside a cupboard

Edit - And it was the high probability of damaging the led strip with a broom

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Plan is to put the strip inside a diffuser track which should help protect it.

My main concern for the power bank is that it will be on the floor behind a kickboard but next to the dishwasher (which is sealed) but slightly concerned about any issues should it leak at some point.

I think you should put the adaptor and controller inside a cupboard - I really really do:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back