Powering a car Xenon lamp on UK mains plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am working on a project which requires me using a Xenon HID lamp, however I need some advice as to what I need in order to use this on a mains plug (UK).

I have a power supply: 12V 10A Power Supply,120W Power Adapter 100-240V AC to: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

And this is the bulb I have found: D2S Xenon Bulbs 6000K White 35W HID Headlight Direct Replacement 12V Car Headlamp Bulbs (Pack of 2): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

But need to know what needs to go between the power supply and the bulb. If someone could advise please I would be grateful.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Just out of interest, why a xenon HID?
A lot of theatre lighting is LED now, using COB units

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - I don't necessarily need to use Xenon, but it produces the best result for what is needed (pure bright white light to use in a film projector for a short throw distance)

Would the path go:

Mains -> Mains Power Adapter -> Ballast -> Bulb

Hi all, thanks. Items arrived today and it works.

If I wanted to add a small fan into the circuit, any advice on how this can be done? Is it by using a terminal strip?
Sorry if this is a basic question, but just a bit stuck on this bit.
Cheers.

12v computer fan wired across the 12v input would be best bet?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back