Kitchen LED's Not Working. New Junction Box/Re-Wire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have briefly discussed this on another thread but this request is different and hoping to get some expertise.

Moved into a property with plinth lights in the kitchen. All of the house wiring is working but not the LED's

They are setup as per pictures. AC/AC wall wort/transfer plugged into socket. 2 pin connector and wire come out of this and into a junction box (not sure if correct name) where all LED's are plugged into. LED's have a 2 pin (i think din connector?)

At first I thought it may have been the wall wart plug but that is reading 19v with a multimeter so assuming thats ok?

So im now thinking the 'junction box' is at fault. Unfortunately I cant for the life of me find one anywhere to replace it with, maybe im searching for the wrong thing?

I have got a 12v AC/DC plug spare that ive cut the end off. If i connect the wires directly to the correct pins on one of the LED's, it lights up.

So im looking for either a replacement junction box or an alternative/more common way for me to connect all LED's together and a way to power them?
1000004795.jpg
1000004794.jpg
1000004792.jpg
1000004791.jpg

Sponsored Links
What happens if you connect your spare 12v supply to the input of the junction box?
I can't imagine there is much to go wrong in the junction box. Does it come apart?

Sponsored Links
I have got a 12v AC/DC plug spare that ive cut the end off. If i connect the wires directly to the correct pins on one of the LED's, it lights up.
AH. That one has a DC output.
The wall wart in the picture is an AC output. Is the one in the picture the original one? All the Hafele drivers on the web are DC output.
At first I thought it may have been the wall wart plug but that is reading 19v with a multimeter so assuming thats ok?
Output of that power supply should be 12v AC. Make sure that your meter is on the AC, not the DC V range.

Last edited:
What happens if you connect your spare 12v supply to the input of the junction box?
I can't imagine there is much to go wrong in the junction box. Does it come apart?
Still nothing when doing this, but possible because its DC output not AC?

AH. That one has a DC output.
The wall wart in the picture is an AC output. Is the one in the picture the original one? All the Hafele drivers on the web are DC output.

Output of that power supply should be 12v AC. Make sure that your meter is on the AC, not the DC V range.
I have inherited this when buying the house but assume its the original as it was all connected behind the cupboards, they just dont turn on.

Multimeter was on the AC setting when tested. Power supply was plugged into wall and switched on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back