Wiring 10 LED mini lights to a wall switch

PM1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please !

I want to install some mini LEDs to the side of my staircase and have a pack of lights which connect into a junction box and then the junction box connects to a plug with a built in transformer. I want to connect the lights to a wall switch instead. How can I do this? I heard that I could connect the transformer plug to a socket and then connect the socket to the wall switch. Is this possible ?

Alternatively, is it possible to cut off the transformer plug and wire the cable into another transformer and connect that to the mains lighting circuit ?

Any help would be much appreciated as soon as possible.

Thanks
PM1

Sponsored Links
Not exactly URGENT now is it.....

Easy answer is fit the lights, using existing Transformer, and use plug switch to turn them on and off.....

You could use a none switched socket with a remote fused switch tho, if you really wanted to...

We like info here, why not come back and tell use what light kit youve got?

spur 5 amps off the ring to a double pole switch, and then send the out of that back to your socket outlet.
be prepared for a load of distruption and making good if you want the switch on the left side of your hallway and the stairs and spur point are on the right.

b.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back