kitchen mixer low hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about my mixer tap in the kitchen in my flat. The flow of hot water is very low but the cold is quite strong coming as it is from the mains.

I think it may be due to the type of mixer tap installed (I've had another post here about the bathroom mixers, installed just now when the bathroom was refurbed, where both hot and cold and very low and it seems those mixers may not suitable for me). The bathroom ones can be replaced with low pressure taps but is there a complication with the kitchen mixer as the cold is mains fed? Can I use a low pressure mixer tap in the kitchen with the cold from the mains? May have to insert a valve in the cold line and restrict the flow by closing it half way?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If the tap is supplied via flexible braided hoses ,examine the hot hose for kinks / sharp bends that will restrict the flow. Nothing to stop you from fitting a tap that's designed / more suitable for low pressure ,but you may need to fit a pressure reducing valve to the cold ,and check valves in the supply lines.

I'll check the braided hoses again but think they are all OK. Yes I think I will ask my plumber to try out a low pressure kitchen tap and use a prv in the cold feed. Hope that works fine. Thanks for the input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back