Kitchen mixer tap - removing handle!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Wondering if someone can help identify how to remove the handle from this kitchen mixer tap? Tap is leaking so I wanted to tighten / check valve etc.

I can unscrew the collar to expose parts of the valve, I've tried pulling at the handle and no luck, no caps or hidden screws either.

I may end up just replacing the tap if needs be.

Appreciated in advance.

Attachments

• 20230216_143914.jpg
    20230216_143914.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230216_143855.jpg
    20230216_143855.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
If water continues to drip from the spout when both hot and cold taps are fully off,then you need to replace both valves.
The tap handle will pull off, if there isn't any type of screw.
Unfortunately Limescale tends to make it rather stubborn to remove. Heating up the handle may free it up. Failing that just fit a new tap.

Thank you Terryplumb. Yes, there is a constant drip when both are off. I'll try the heat trick and if not just replace it all.

Thanks again for your time and advice.

Does the plastic hot/cold marker on the tap head not prise out ,there should be a screw inside there .

Sponsored Links
Does the plastic hot/cold marker on the tap head not prise out ,there should be a screw inside there .
There isn't any marker on the tap head. The coloured plastic rings indicate hot and cold,red and blue respectively.

Thanks .
On your first picture where you have the shroud lifted to the top ,can you not get a spanner or thin adjustable spanner onto the brass valve .
If you take this out (with water off) you should see how the top is attached .It may be just pressed on .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back