Kitchen overcoat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

So my renovation has reached the painting stage finally... I've done ok on bedrooms and living rooms etc, however I have just white washed the kitchen diner and even applied a coat of Matt paint to the kitchen area and it just struck me, should I be using a special kitchen paint rather than just the normal Matt..... If so, would it be ok to continue the 1st coat as Matt, and just use the special paint for my final coat?

Thanks guys [/list]

Sponsored Links
It is a good idea to use an eggshell paint or what you see labelled as kitchen and bathroom in the stores. The reason why is its washable and wipeable so its easy to keep looking fresh and also gives protection against mild chemicals. It will be fine to apply these paints over a fresh coat of matt after a light rub down.

It is a good idea to use an eggshell paint or what you see labelled as kitchen and bathroom in the stores. The reason why is its washable and wipeable so its easy to keep looking fresh and also gives protection against mild chemicals. It will be fine to apply these paints over a fresh coat of matt after a light rub down.

Much appreciated!
It would be the better idea to apply washable layer in the places like bathroom and kitchen to keep alive the freshness in the look. Temperature in the kitchenette is slightly higher than normal where generic paints can't withstand for long years.

Cheers,
Bruce-TheRTAStore.com

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back