Kitchen Plinth Seal

Sponsored Links
I would suggest, not worth fitting. I installed mine, just cut to match the finished floor, decades ago and they have been fine. Minor gaps will not show, unless you lay on the floor to look at them. I did though, seal any cut edges of the plinth.

cheers just clear sealant ? always find white shoes the tiniest little crumb a mile off

Clear silicone will do the job, but is it really necessary? The only thing it does help with, over time, is to slow down the effect of moisture on the bottom edges of the plinth boards - but then they are fairly cheap and easily replaced (basically widely available 150mm wide pre-banded MFC, unless yours is an odd colour or finish).

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Will maybe just leave it then I always wondered what they were for tbh

IMHO to collect muck. When I used to do kitchens and they had those things fitted they were always brown with age with a dirty "mopping line" above them. I much prefer what is done in a lot of commercial kitchens (around the bottom of the walls) - plywood plinth with 1.2mm stainless steel strip glued onto it using Mirror Mate and clear siliconed to the floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back