kitchen pull out tap - 3 hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - Looking for following advice --

I have purchased a pull out tap for kitchen sink. The tap has 3 hoses. 1 that i can connect to cold and 1 to the hot. The third hose relates to the pull out part of the tap. There is no loop back into the tap for the third hose and it would appear that it needs to be connected to water supply directly ?? The instructions are very poor hence the question.

Has anyone seen this and how is the third hose connected ? Has anyone purchased such a kitchen tap and fitted into kitchen ??

any help will be great

thanks

Sponsored Links
Usually filtered water or boiling water supply, but difficult to understand from your description can u post a pic.

As you bought it then I presume you know what you want to use it for?

So just connect it to hot or cold as you prefer.

Most of these things are sold on the expectation they will be fitted by competent plumbers!

Tony

Sponsored Links
the third hose has same connection as the cold/hot water hoses.

The hot water supply has 2 outlets on the pipe under the sink. One that is currently connected to the hot water supply and the other has a plastic connector around it. Do i connect the third hose pipe to this connection? As when you pull the pull out tap it is supposed to work without the tap having to be on..

Hard to say really, what make/model is it? If we can find something about it on the 'net we might be able to help a bit more...

muggles sorry not at the tap right now so unable to tell exact make.

However, it is a bristan make and I think it was the target.

I will get make and model tmrw.

Not the actual tap. Like i said i am away from my flat and would have provided actual make/ model tmrw Yes luckily I saw the picture also early before I posted for assistance. The third hose is already connected at the top and if you think about it logically the unconnected hose end can not be connected in tap as it is not to be opened.

So the hose must have to be connected to a water outlet. I not a plumber but common sense would dictate the process required.

I was hoping for assistance rather than patronising comments.

First time on this forum and probably the last. if u don't know the answer the most intelligent thing would be to say nothing.

The most intelegent thing would be to have all the relevent information to hand before asking. If you are not at the tap you can do nothing with the answers you get until you are. Likewise, you can't answer any questions that might be asked.

You said that you thought it was the Bristan Target, so I worked on that piece of - now known to be incorrect - information.
We are not mind readers. We like a challenge, but at least give us half a chance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back