Kitchen sink overflow pipe leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i have done a google search and forum search but coudnt find any related info. Problem im having is my kitchen sink overflow pipe leaks at the connection to the sink waste just above the trap.It pushes onto the fitting on the waste and is leaking. any ideas on this one anyone?

I also have a leak on the sure stop water switch the leak is coming from the blue and red hoses that attach to the switch. i have tried pushing them in further on the fitting on the back of face plate but soon as i go to fit on its mounting box it must be weeping becasue after fex hours i see drips in the cupboard. if i dont fit onto mounting box it doesnt leak any help is much appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Regards the the water switch i have it resolved. There is a certain amount of hose (red and Blue) that need to protrude thru which wasnt correct.

The kitchen sink overflow pipe leak at the waste connection i have taken some pics to try and show whats happening

The type of pipe

View media item 54134
The conection on the waste

View media item 54135
The hose connected showing a close up of the hose end

View media item 54136
A few things come to my mind i would like your input on.

1. In pic 2 there look like an rubber o ring on the conection can the ring be replaced? Would this help?

2. Pic 3 shows te hose has some pressed in rings, so does the o ring on the waste connection shown in pic 2 need to be sitting past the pressed in part on the hose? In order for that to be achieved I would need to cut the hose to allow it to travel further, as at the moment the waste stops it. Could this be a fix?

3 Not sure of fitting jublee clip on hose. Am i right in saying correct installation would not require a jublee clip?

4 Are the hoses easily and commanly available just that b & Q didnt stock it?

Thanks any help appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back