Kitchen sink waste hole size (2" ?)

C

Coniferman

I need to replace both the waste for a 1.5 kitchen sink. The side sink has a 114mm flange and about a 90mm hole. This appears standard and I have a replacement waste. The main sink HAD a flange of 70mm and a hole about 54mm diameter. I want to check if this is a standard size that I can pick up at the usual shops. It does have an additional recess to fit a 114mm flange but it would still need to fit the 54mm hole. A lot of websites don't seem to give all the measurements so struggling to find what I need.

Sponsored Links
I went to the well known diy store and bought a 70mm flange "bath" waste and sure enough it fits my kitchen sink perfectly. (The 1 1/2 sink does not have any overflows) I had considered buying a flexible waste to tie into my existing setup. I asked the person at the store who said it would not fit the new waste. So I explained i would like to connect the new waste to a 90 degree elbow which I also needed to replace (as the old one had a split connector). So I was advised to buy a FloPlast TA43 trap height adjuster and to saw off the threaded end and also a FloPlast EC11 90 bend. (both 40mm) The adjuster connects to the waste but the pipe is too narrow for the bend. In the end I had to use the extender on the other waste where it did fit the bit that connects both wastes to the outlet. I then realised I had 3 separate lengths of pipe and they were all different widths! As you can see in the photo, I had to put one pipe inside the other pipe (it was a very tight fit and one end of this fits the waste and the other the 90 bend. The inner pipe extends all the way into the 90 bend. At all works and does not leak but is probably not ideal. (maybe I could put a little silicone inside where they overlap?) Has any one any idea what I am rambling on about and suggest how I can go from the waste into that 90 bend properly?

Attachments

• sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 166
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back