kitchen sink waste pipe- where has it gone !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a 1910 terraced house the previous owners a very elderly couple . lady had a bad leg so i am told and to go from living room to kitchen i assume there were 2 small steps to go down to the kitchen they had the kitchen floor raised up , doing away with the 2 small steps , question is i can see the kitchen sink pipes under the sink they appear to go down into the floor but when i am outside there are no visible pipes from the kitchen sink or drains for the kitchen sink water to empty into so where are they ? what would i do if the kitchen sink got blocked between the pipe that goes down into the floor and the where it must enter a mains drain somewhere under the concrete floor of the side return outside . Hope someone understands what i am trying to say here.

Sponsored Links
We understand the question, but unfortunately it is not one that can be answered remotely, without more information which would involve a physical investigation and possibly disruption to the floor.

However if it should block there are generally ways and means of unblocking waste pipes that are inaccessible. If in the future there is a serious problem it may be easier to install a new pipe in an alternative position instead of digging the old one up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back