Kitchen Tap - Flow messy

2 Nov 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'd imagine this isn't a particularly hard problem to solve but I'd love some advice if possible.

I have this kitchen tap:

It was installed in the kitchen a year or so ago when we bought the house and is trade only from what I can see. Anyway I think some kind of filter or part may have fallen out of the tap (and probably down the drain) because after a year of perfect service both hot and cold flows are suddenly really messy. We don't have any problems with any other taps in the house.

Would any body be able to tell me what this part might be called and if I stand a chance in getting a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The "filter" i think your on about is called an aerator, it induces bubbles into the running water to prevent it splashing every where whilst running, wether you can get a replacement, i dont know to be honest, but would like to think you could. the plumbers here will be able to answer i'm sure, igive howdens a call, maybe they can help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links