monobloc kitchen mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a monobloc mixer tap in kitchen - the black plastic insert which directs the flow of hot and cold has come out and cracked - it keeps falling out and we are having problems trying to find a replacement. The company who put the kitchen in have now changed suppliers and have no taps available. Any suggestions :?:

Sponsored Links
Can they tell you who the manufacturer is? If so contact them and tell them the problem

It's worth trying Araldite if you can't get a part.

Sponsored Links
Maybe you aren't up to the job eh? It's pretty simple - bit like wot u r. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maybe you aren't up to the job eh? It's pretty simple - bit like wot u r. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Make a light-hearted joke, and someone without the intelligence to get that joke gets all offended for nothing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Perhaps you could read my previous post again. V e r y - s l o w l y. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can explain it to you if you need me to.

You've turned a normally sane topic in the plumbing department into a nonsensical one that you would find in GD. :rolleyes:

For the benefit of the OP I'll explain how. Get a Stanley knife and cut little notches around the circumference of the insert

Apply Araldite to said insert. Press into tap.

Araldite will stick like fook to the tap and will harden in the notches so it can't slip out. Geddit?

No I won't. Should be renamed the boring forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back