Kitchen tap keeps tripping RCD

Is this one of those Quooker(?) style taps that heat the water instantly?
I think some posters may be under the impression it is a standard tap with some electrical device/outlet
So if you fill a bucket from another tap and empty it into the kitchen sink, without the water touching the kitchen tap, does the RCD trip. If so it is nothing to do with the tap and almost certainly a leak on the drain from the sink.
I have just tried this with several buckets from the downstairs loo and unfortunately it didn’t trip. So this is the tap then? Do I need a plumber or electrician? Thank you so much

Sponsored Links
Is this one of those Quooker(?) style taps that heat the water instantly?
I think some posters may be under the impression it is a standard tap with some electrical device/outlet underneath.

Attachments

• 83075445-8F20-46DC-9020-65504957EBF3.jpeg
    83075445-8F20-46DC-9020-65504957EBF3.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 9AD654D7-5DB1-4CD9-BDF0-8847E1564305.jpeg
    9AD654D7-5DB1-4CD9-BDF0-8847E1564305.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 102
Sorry for my lack of knowledge! But I’m assuming this is a standard and not instant hot?!

Sponsored Links
There is a small amount of water… what is this socket at the back?

Attachments

• B9C18FDD-865F-48DD-9BF1-36E78C7C8B50.jpeg
    B9C18FDD-865F-48DD-9BF1-36E78C7C8B50.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 15D76A23-81C6-46CD-9F7A-EDF79899EFD5.jpeg
    15D76A23-81C6-46CD-9F7A-EDF79899EFD5.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 97
Hi, so sorry.. a single mum here! and no idea what a spigot is? Can I seal it myself if it’s not? Thank you

The pic makes me think the tap might be splashing on the wall, or the base of the tap is not tightly sealed go the sink and water is leaking at the joint.

You can sometimes get "Essex" tap mounting washers that are very good, but it might just need tightening.

The pic makes me think the tap might be splashing on the wall, or the base of the tap is not tightly sealed go the sink and water is leaking at the joint.

You can sometimes get "Essex" tap mounting washers that are very good, but it might just need tightening.
Thank you, so defo a job for a plumber and not the electrican then?

If it is the spigots, you can fix them yourself.

The corrugated fingers pointing up, are intended for pushing waste hoses, from a dishwasher and washing machine, onto. They may already have plastic sealing disks in. Stuff some kitchen roll into the ends. If it gets wet they are not sealed.

But test by running the tap with the plug in, then turn off the tap and pull out the plug, as well. To see if it is the tap, or the waste, leaking. Or both.

Thank you, so defo a job for a plumber and not the electrican then?
It's a little bit of both, in my opinion - but both tasks are DIY'able.

First you need to find where the leak is - turn the taps on as you would normally, look under the sink and see where any water comes from - as above, if drips aren't immediately visible, wrapping kitchen towel around the pipe joints can give you a clue.

Secondly, the old flex outlet could do with being checked. If it is badly corroded, an electrician may want to isolate it.
If it is ok, it could be covered with a blanking plate, and a little silicone around the edges wouldn't hurt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back