Kitchen Tap Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a leaking tap, with the water coming out from the connection between tap base and spout (mixer tap). I've attached a photo of the neck with the spout pulled off, but at this stage im kinda stuck. Its the first time i've done this and not sure why its leaking after taking a look at it. There are 2 rubber O ring washers in the middle of that neck, which when i take off seem in pretty good condition. I had bought some replacements, but i think the ones i bought are too skinny. I've also tried twisting the top off with an allen key, but its not budging at all. Should this come off since it takes an allen key?

Thanks

Iain

Attachments

• PXL_20220716_180650175.jpg
    PXL_20220716_180650175.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
I'd love to change the tap, but looking at the underside it looks virtually impossible to unscrew the nut (photo attached). That brass nut at the top has a sort of oval profile at the top of the nut, and so once turned it will only go so far as it buts right up against that wood board on the right.

I then though maybe i can rotate the whole tap on top instead, but lever blocks the turn on the top side also. Trying to avoid getting a whole new kitchen for this hah.

Attachments

• PXL_20220702_074254373.jpg
    PXL_20220702_074254373.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Ok, that type of fixing under the tap is slightly harder than a normal one but buy a new tap and call a plumber to replace it for you.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back