Kitchen tap with aerator & different hot/cold pressures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my kitchen mixer tap with one that has a built in aerator or perlator to give a softer flow of water and looking at the Franke Sion which gives a "champagne-like water flow." My cold water is straight off the mains and hot is from an indirect supply with around 5.2 metres head so there is going to be some difference in pressures.

The question I have not been able to find an answer to is whether this type of tap is suitable. I am assuming that an aerator has some flow restriction as well as mixing air in the water flow but does that mean that the higher pressure cold water could cause back flow in the hot water?

Thanks for any advice.
Chris

Sponsored Links
Depends on how high a pressure differential there is but yes the cold could push it's way back up the hot if difference is significant. The tap is also a high pressure tap and 1/2 bar of hot water pressure may not be enough for it.
Would need to contact Franke to confirm IMO

Thanks for thereply. Hadn't realised that the particular tap I was looking at was high pressure model, had concentrated on finding one with perlator. Had another look at their site and eventually found a page which detailed taps with info about suitabilty for low pressure and whether perlator included. Now thinking about the Moselle but will try phoning Franke tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back