Kitchen unit doors - Stopping welling or finding replacment.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive recently bought a house and inhereted the below kitchen, its largly in ok condition but the quality is only so-so and hence the worktop and one of the doors around the sink is swelded (and swelling) so i want to replace it like for like but do not know the make or design of the doors/top.

The sinks in its own stand alone unit, so the top will not be joining the existing, if just has to look about the same. Ditto the doors, which i could replace both off.

img6211n.jpg

Daniel

Sponsored Links
They look like B&Q to me and I think the colour is Ivory white.

They look like B&Q to me and I think the colour is Ivory white.
Ok. Had a look in the store but didnt see anything smooth-face, but it doesnt sound unlikely given the fittings in the rest of the house and having just gone to BnQ's website and found this which looks likely.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?linktype=breadcrumb&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories<{9372014}/categories<{9372039}/categories<{9372149}/specificationsProductType%3Dit_kitchen_doors___drawer_fronts/styleStyle>{gloss_cream_slab}&

Is there range fairly static then? The kitchens my be atleast a year or so old. I guess for £30 a go i can order a pair of doors and see what i get, taking them back if they dont match.

Thankyou

Daniel

Failing that. Does anyone have any suggestions for stopping or reducing the swelling?

Im not holding much hope in reducing it, although if I can that would be great.

Interms stopping it getting worse, i guess its a case of keeping the water out. Creating some sort of seal between the faced edges, which are not swelled apart by 2mm or so.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
The doors look a bit like Wickes' COSTA RICA range (cream).
If they are, perhaps the worktops are from there too.
Which would figure, as the DIY shop in town was a wickes until it closed and become a BnQ.

That would be more of an pain to get replacments of!

In boating circles i know people who have had success in using very thin capillary sealant to cure minor cabin leaks so i might try and floor it with some of that before getting the clamps on it (every little helps) and then run a bead of clear epoxy/araldite round to finish.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back