Kitchen unit lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How should I wire my kitchen unit lights?

1098788143_kitchenlights.JPG

It has just occured to me I should've used BROWN for the live. I think the new colours should be lime green, apple green and pea green. Hmm.

Anyway, how should I wire my kitchen unit lights?

Sponsored Links
neither, there is no neutral or earth. see the for reference topic it shows how its done

*sighs* Of course there's a neutral and earth. I just drew the live for clarity.

And I looked in the references and couldn't find what I was looking for; that's why I'm asking now.

Either would work. But it might depend on what you have got at the lamp end for making and housing connections.

Sponsored Links
The lights are kitchen unit 'link lights'. There are actually going to be 2 on each side.

Diag A would save me channeling out for a double cable thickness rather than one. So if they are both OK, I'll do that one.

Yes, that's right, because I have a live only. There's no need for earth or neutral, you see.

LOL!! I've got to do this soon and I was planning on method A. This is how the leccy did my last kitchen also, using link lights for that also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back