FCU to power 2 way light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had a new ringmain installed in the kitchen and various FCU's are running appliances..

One of the FCU's installed is unused and I intend to run two external lights. I've installed a metal knockout box around 50 cm's away from the FCU I intend to use and have run 1.5mm twin and earth from the FCU to the box.

Wiring from both lights is also in the box but I now need to know how to wire it all up..

I have 6 wires in total

From the FCU load

Live (Brown)
Neutral (Blue)
Earth (Green/yellow)

Light 1

Live (Brown)
Neutral (Blue)
Earth (Green/yellow)

Light 2

Live (Brown)
Neutral (Blue)
Earth (Green/yellow)

I have standard 1 gang, 2 way light switch I want to use which has 2 L's (Which I guess are the common) and then L1 & L2 on each switch.

How do I go about wiring it up so each light works on each switch?

Thanks

Pete

Sponsored Links
One of the FCU's installed is unused and I intend to run two external lights. I've installed a metal knockout box around 50 cm's away from the FCU I intend to use and have run 1.5mm twin and earth from the FCU to the box.
Are you aware that all of this work is notifiable?

How do I go about wiring it up so each light works on each switch?
As per this, except you don't have the cable to the next light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back