Kitchen Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in the process of preparing to install a new kitchen. The current kitchen is really old, probably been in 30 plus years. The house itself is also old (1785). I have attached some photos of the state of the wall after starting to remove existing cupboards. parts of the already exposed wall are done in lining paper (I think) and are in ok condition. Others have some lovely floral paper behind the old cupboards. I'm not sure what to do with the walls - any thoughts? I'm not sure if it would need plastering/skimming, not really sure of the difference and in what scenario you would do which. I've done plenty of filling/patching holes in the past so happy to do a thorough job with that if it might be best? Due to the age of the property I accept there will always be 'quirks' with the walls - there is one major sloped wall in the kitchen. The pictures show the main area which won't then be subsequently covered by new units, so I want them to look as good as possible. One picture also shows the gap behind the oven and it seems that there might not be any plaster etc down the back there, just exposed stone. I'm thinking this isn't too much of a problem, when the new worktops are in we will be tiling up from them on the wall.

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions

Attachments

• DSCN1121.JPG
    DSCN1121.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN1122.JPG
    DSCN1122.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN1123.JPG
    DSCN1123.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN1124.JPG
    DSCN1124.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN1127.JPG
    DSCN1127.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back