No plaster on wall ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently stripping some old wallpaper off my sons bedroom wall, and as I am getting the paper off it is exposing the old painted wall underneath. The paint is very flaky, and about half is staying on the wall and half coming off with the paper.

However, in the areas where the paint is off it appears that there is no plaster at all on the walls ! The walls look almost like card (even though they are very solid) and it is this that has been painted on.

Is this right ? I would have thought that any wall should have a layer of plaster on it ??

Do I need to get these plastered before I can re-paint, or can I just paint over these as they are ?

any help is appreciated....

Sponsored Links
It sounds like plasterboard and can be papered directly onto. The problem is that the side you decorate isn't the side you plaster.

However, if you are going to paint it you will have to plaster it.

joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back