Kitchen worktop sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't need sealant in our previous house, as the walls were quite flat and I scribed all the tops to the wall so there was no gap.
Here in our 400 year-old cottage, the walls are anything but flat, and despite making a pattern, I know there are going to be some gaps at the back, and no I can't tile or cover them :{

The walls are wood frame with wattle & daub infill. Inevitably, there is seasonal movement. Well, I did say it was 400 years old... :}

The present worktops have some sort of silicone sealing the (huge) gaps.

I see that Colorfill and Everbuild and Bushboard and Wurth and Unika all sell worktop sealants. Which is best? Or some other??
Don't need fancy colours, just white.

I also need to seal where the end of the worktop will butt up against the (non-inset) sink, and here I'd intend to use CT1.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT1-Uniqu...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item1c359ad98d
And of course varnish the end of the worktop baseboard a few times before fitting. Any thoughts?

Thankyou.

Ivor

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Wurth is also good. I use their silicon all the time and never have any problems. It's the really 'sticky' type so would be a good idea to use masking tape when applying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back