Kitchen Worktops is too Cheap too Cheap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at replacing a laminate worktop. There seems to be three different options for a budget upgrade.

B&Q / Wilsonart
These are really cheap ranging from £45 to £82 for 3M depending on what is currently in stock. But some of the comments are a real put off. It seems these scratch too easily with gloss versions being the worst.

Duropal
This is the next level up on quality scale? Online supplier prices are roughly £100-£125 +delivery

MadeToFit
Their products look really nice and are supplied for £99 including 2M edging and delivery. But I can't find any reviews for this site and they haven't replied to an email enquiry. I can't find any upstands on their site either so I think I will give them a miss.

B&Q / Wilsonart or Duropal?

Sponsored Links
I used B&Q for my last kitchen refurb total rubbish in my opinion.

It's more about how you look after them once fitted, neglect will ruin any worktop.

Sponsored Links
Had to be a black product.

Ordered Duropal Brazilian Black. Hope it's nice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back