Good Quality Kitchen Cabinets / Units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Redoing our kitchen, to keep the cost down we are using independent kitchen fitter and buying all the bits ourselves.

We have already bought premium quality kitchen cabinet doors, side panels and wilsonart hd laminate worktops but struggling to find a place from where we can buy good quality kitchen cabinet units (13 units in total) at reasonable price, value for money. Visited local B&Q store and their cookie and Lewis range seems ok to us but reviews are mixed, so confused now if we can get some help here please.. I m only after kitchen cabinet units (wall and base). Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure Howden's units are made from thicker chipboard than b&q's, and come assembled.

I'm pretty sure Howden's units are made from thicker chipboard than b&q's, and come assembled.
Spoken to Howden customer service, thickness is same but they do not give the prices to the public so I can not compare the prices with b and q. I have to go via my builder to get the prices which is not very transparent. I do not know about the quality as well.

Benchmarx do same as Howdens only cheaper, easy to get a trade account just print you own business card and they accept it as proof.

Sponsored Links
Benchmarx do same as Howdens only cheaper, easy to get a trade account just print you own business card and they accept it as proof.
Thanks mate, will check if I can get hold of prices. Do they do flat pack or come assembled?

Last edited:
Before you buy the cabinets S11, I'd take one of the doors along to Howdens, and check the hinge locations - in fact take the doors along to anyone that you're thinking of buying units from - as they're not all as standard as they could be. Howdens make good solid base units, and are normally cheaper than most. Wren say they're the cheapest, but they'll try and upsell you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back