Wickes Flatpack or Rigid kitchen cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are Wickes cabinets as good as rigid cabinets? We will be mostly fitting our kitchen with our builder helping us fit the trickier bits and separate installers for the Worktop. Our builder has recommended we buy rigid cabinets not only because they will be easier to fit but that they are also generally stronger and well built in comparison.

Only trouble is the kitchen we really like is from Wickes who don't do rigid cabinets, it's the Esker kitchen in blue. The only similar colour we have found is from Magnet and as it is one of there most priciest kitchens we can't afford it. Other companies who make rigid cabinets like BenchMarx and Howdens don't do a similar colour.

Should we stick to our builders recommendation and only buy rigid or will the Wickes flat pack be just as good? Me and my other half are fairly competent at DIY and have put together flat pack furniture but we have never done a kitchen.

Sponsored Links
We just had our kitchen fitted from DIY kitchens and I can highly recommend the service and the quality of the units was first class.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back