Hiding Boiler in Kitchen Wall Cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently renovating my kitchen . We need to cover a wall mounted Boiler with one of the cabinets .
I have ordered my kitchen , and looking at my part list , I have only been issued with a door and an end panel with which to cover the boiler . The other side will be the adjoining cabinet , I suppose . I`m not sure how this will look or work , and am considering ordering a carcass , which I`ll have to modify .
Which is the best coarse of action , in terms of a good quality finish . Not too bothered about a bit of extra time/expense ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
what are the dimensions of the boiler? how far do controls and flue project from the top and bottom?

what are the dimensions of your other wall units?

Havent got the dimensions to hand just now (I`m at work) . Roughly , the door weve ordered is 600mm wide - the boiler is around 450 . the boiler including flue is around 850 tall . cabinets are 900mmm - (I think) . Its been suggested we dont cover the top and bottom , but leave open for ventilation . I think the cabinet depth is about 350 , which will cover the boiler front - hope this helps .

Yes dead right I did exactly the same, just ordered a door and used a false edge to the cabinets each side and hinged the door to that. Leave the top and bottom open to ensure an air flow for ventilation.

All approved by Corgi Gas Safe cowboy boiler fitter.

Sponsored Links
Modern balanced flue boilers don't require ventilation.[According to many gas safe installers I have used]
More important to ensure it's quick to dismantle for servicing.

Just had a word with the supplier . Apparantely , the door comes with a surrounding frame - so I`m thinking I can screw this to the end panel to hold it in place . Should be O.K.
Incidentally , Ive just checked the boiler spec , and it does require clearance above and below - so I`ll stick with the plan .

Thanks , Colin :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back