Knckered zone valve? Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my central heating has decided to stop working as it seems to do every winter. As far as I can tell the zone valve is gone, it's a Honeywell V4043H 28mm and it's making a weird constant grinding/buzzing noise. Is it fixable or will I need to replace the whole valve? Will I need to replace the motor AND the fitting or can I get them separately? Also would it be ok to install it as a DIY-er or will I need a professional?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It depends what's wrong :idea:

For a start: If you move the lever to Man, and put the HW on ( & turn cylinder stat up) do the rads get warm?

NB Dead valves are dead quiet.

ChrisR said:
It depends what's wrong :idea:

For a start: If you move the lever to Man, and put the HW on ( & turn cylinder stat up) do the rads get warm?

NB Dead valves are dead quiet.
Nope, it isn't pumping the water at all, it's just making this grinding buzzing noise like it's trying but failing.

Sponsored Links
But valves don't pump....
If it's your pump that's making grinding noises, change it :idea:

ChrisR said:
But valves don't pump....
If it's your pump that's making grinding noises, change it :idea:
:oops: Sorry, I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about to be honest, I'm doing this for my step-dad, he's technophobic.

He has told me that the valve seems to be jammed open so now we can have heating but we can't control it, it's all or nothing basically.

I have sourced a replacement part, will we need to drain the system or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back