2 port valve test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a query regarding a honeywell 40003916-100 replacement zone valve head. It will be replacing a V4043H valve. The head has the 6th white wire which will not be needed as going on an S plan system. This is the first that I am changing and when carrying out a continuity test on the new head there is no continuity between the orange and grey wire, however there is between the orange and white. This to me shows that the micro switch is working however not sure why there is no continuity between the orange and grey. I have 2 new heads and both the same.

Is this normal and any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
The white wire is from the normally closed side of the SPDT switch, so you don't need to use it.

Capture.JPG

Just use the grey and orange wires as per your current valve. Isolate / insulate the white wire safely though because it could become live under certain conditions.
when carrying out a continuity test on the new head there is no continuity between the orange and grey wire, however there is between the orange and white. This to me shows that the micro switch is working however not sure why there is no continuity between the orange and grey.
When the valve is closed, orange and white will be connected together by the switch

When the valve is powered open (but not usually when manually opened) grey and orange will be connected together by the switch

Last edited:
That makes some sense now, thanks for the reply. So as there is still continuity between white and orange it still shows that the micro switch works?
Is there any reason why when manually operated they are not connected?

The Manual position is for filling, it doesn't travel far enough to make the switch

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back